Im'In: Immigration and Information at the crossroads
- Foto Historias: Participatory Photography with Immigrants in Seattle and at the US-Mexico Border
- Use of technology among Hispanic day laborers in WA State: How do underserved populations such as Hispanic day laborers in Washington State use computers and other information and communication technologies?
- Information, Technology and Migration: Uses of ICT and Surveillance at the US-Mexico border: We explore the information needs and practices of irregular migrants at the US-Mexico border; the role of ICT in the context of transnational migration; and the legal and ethical implications of such ICT use.
Impact: how do information and communication technologies help people improve their lives?
- CWO: Community Wellness Outcomes: How can we measure intangible impacts of ICT for community development, especially non-monetary impacts such as self esteem and expression of aspirations.
- Impact of Public Access Computing in Colombia: Libraries, Telecenters, Cybercafes: How do people use public access computers, and how do they change their lives?
- Global Landscape Study: Public Access Computing in 25 Countries: What is the landscape of public access computing (libraries, telecenters and cybercafes) in 25 developing countries, with specific focus on the information needs of underserved communities.
- Public Access Computing in Colombia and in South Africa: In-depth study of the uses and impacts of libraries, telcenters and cybercafes in Colombia; smaller study in South Africa.
Pushback: Expressions of resistance to permanent online connectivity
- Study of the growing trend of resisting and pushing back on technology by those who have too much of it.
ICTD Trends: Growth and maturation of the field of ICTD
- How has the discourse about ICT for development shifted over the past decade? This study does a content analysis of journals and conferences in the ICTD field between 2000-2010.